[Kolab-devel] Clarification regarding Windows and Kolab Legacy Mode

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Fri May 21 21:01:54 CEST 2004

Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Friday 21 May 2004 02:58 pm schrieb Etienne Goyer:
>
> Hi,
>

>>>Which MS OS and OL version are you using?
>>
>>XP and Outlook 2000.  If this make any difference, I also have MS Web
>>Publishing Wizard 1.52 installed.
>>
>>Would that mean that the behavior change from version to version ?  That
>>is getting hairy ...
>

> With MS XP you may simply map a web resource to a drive letter and use it from
> OL like a local resource for up- and downloads of fb list. With XP you
> definetly should _not_ the venerable web publishing wizard.

If WPW is not installed, Outlook (2000, at least) won't even _try_ to
retrieve the F/B.

I can't map the web resource to a drive letter, because the .vfb is
dynamically generated.  I guess your solution would be an acceptable
work-around if it was not the case.

I found another workaround to make the F/B accessible via plain HTTP for
my setup, but I am still wondering why Outlook can't retrieve it via
HTTPS.