[Kolab-devel] Multi-Domain Setup

Darrel Ray Clute, III drclute at computervisions.net
Tue May 18 03:45:14 CEST 2004

I know that this is not covered in the initial release of Kolab but I am
in need of the functionality.  My company has a total of 20 domain name
registered to the company.  While we only utilize a single domain for
mail we need to accept mail from the 19 others and with the final
destination being the 20th domain.  The easiest way I can think of doing
this is configuring Postfix to accept mail from all 20 domains and for
Cyrus to create the mailboxes as %username not %emailaddress.  This
would also mean that the username would be i.e., drclute not
drclute at computervisions.net in LDAP as well.  What would need to be done
to facilitate this?  Could we facilitate a set of options in the
bootstrap that would allow individuals to select the functionality they
would be using?

I can make the changes myself to the administration interface to
accommodate the above but need some help with seeding the information to
Postfix and Cyrus from LDAP.  Could someone point me to where I could
find this information?  If someone else has already done something like
this could they submit it to the list so that 1) I can use this since I
need to get this server up and running by the end of the month and 2)
whether or not these modifications could be used for the foundation of
multi-domain support in Kolab.

--

Darrel Clute, CCNP/CCDP

Partner/CEO