[Kolab-devel] Interest in RPMs

Nathan Toone nathan at toonetown.com
Wed May 12 21:29:15 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 01:15 pm, Stuart Bingë wrote:
> > Adding spam and virus filtering to Kolab
>
> Which spam/virus packages? As far as I know there is support in the Kolab
> CVS for Amavis/Spamassassin/Clamd to do virus and spam filtering, but more
> options in this field would be very beneficial.

Sorry - it's Amavisd-new with spamassassin (using razor, pyzor, and dcc) and
clamd.  It also has a postfix monitoring script that emails statistics on a
daily basis (#messages processed, #viruses, #spams, etc)  I just took the
howto at
http://www.kolab.org/howtos/amavis_spamassassin_clam/amavis_spamassassin_clam.pdf
and combined it with a lot of tips from http://www.flakshack.com/anti-spam/
and made rpms from it.

> > Adding the Horde web-client
>
> Does your package include the latest version of the Webclient, that was
> released on 2004-04-27? If so, I would definitely be interested in seeing
> your RPM (as I'm sure many other would be).

I basically took the howto at http://www.kolab.org/cvs-kolab.html and turned
it into an RPM.  (Using a CVS checkout from yesterday - 5-12)

> What about moving the configuration files that these packages rely on over
> to the new metadata template system (assuming they contain configuration
> options that rely on other Kolab configuration data)?
>
> With the new system, you can then distribute the "templatised" version of
> your configuration files in your packages, and set them up to install to
> @l_prefix@/etc/kolab/templates - Kolab will then automatically pick up the
> new template and configure your packages when you run kolabconf.
>
> All you need to do is add some metadata to the top of the template telling
> Kolab where you want the final config file to reside, and put in all the
> @@@blah@@@ variables you need to get kolab-configured.

I'd love to do this...what do I need to do to use this system?

Currently, my RPMs only use certain configurations that are already defined.
(I use @@@postfix-mydomain@@@ whenever I need my domain, and @@@base_dn@@@,
@@@bind_dn@@@, etc...)  I have just included a patch
for /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Kolab/Conf.pm to know the mapping of
template to conf file.  However, I'd love to port it to the new system.
However, this was for a very time-sensitive project...so I just did the best
I could in the time I was given.

Along those lines, the RPMs might not be the most stable or portable - they
might be quite architecture-dependent.  I had to go through learning how to
write .spec files (I had never done them before...I didn't even know about
how to use .src.rpms before this project...) so I could sure use some help
refining those...however, they "work for me".

It looks like I'm going to try to find a place to post them...here is a list
of the RPMs I created...if anyone has quite a bit (like 300-400MB - total for
working suse binary kolab distribution and my src rpms.) of server space that
they are willing to share, I'd appreciate it.

For Spam:
amavisd-new-20030916-2.0.0.src.rpm
bzip2-1.0.2-2.0.0.src.rpm
clamav-0.70-2.0.0.src.rpm
comp-tools-0.1-2.0.0.src.rpm (compression tools - arc, arj, rar, zoo)
dcc-1.2.47-2.0.0.src.rpm
lzo-1.08-2.0.0.src.rpm
perl-comp-5.8.3-2.0.0.src.rpm
perl-crypto-5.8.3-2.0.0.src.rpm (modified - added in Digest::Nilsimsa)
perl-dns-5.8.3-2.0.0.src.rpm
postfix-monitor-0.1-2.0.0.src.rpm
python-2.3.3-2.0.0.src.rpm (also used by mailman)
pyzor-0.4.0-2.0.0.src.rpm
razor-agents-2.40-2.0.0.src.rpm
spamassassin-2.63-2.0.0.src.rpm

For Webclient:
apache-1.3.29-2.0.0.src.rpm (I re-compiled it with different options)
horde-framework-0.1-2.0.0.src.rpm
horde-pear-0.1-2.0.0.src.rpm
ion-accel-1.3.3r2-2.0.0.src.rpm
kolab-webclient-0.1-2.0.0.src.rpm
libxml-2.6.6-2.0.0.src.rpm
libxslt-1.1.3-2.0.0.src.rpm
mysql-4.0.18-2.0.0.src.rpm (also used by jabber)

For Mailman:
mailman-2.1.4-2.0.0.src.rpm
python-2.3.3-2.0.0.src.rpm

For Jabber: