[Kolab-devel] CVS - New Modules and Tools (releng, devel, utils)

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed May 12 02:08:57 CEST 2004

On Monday 10 May 2004 15:48, Stuart Bingë wrote:

Thanks for your answers, but there is more. I think my issues are in
part because the new template code is not in place though, so maybe it
solves itself once you guys are done with that.

> When you want to build a release:
> # cd /yourprojects/kolab
> # cd releng/perl-kolab
> # cp ../../utils/devtool/* .
> After the devtool scripts have been copied, all you'll need to do
> from now on to build a release is:
> # ./devtool release

And how do I build a source rpm?

> You don't need to uninstall the 'kolab' OpenPKG module, only
> perl-kolab; as the kolab module contains all these necessary files -
> templates, config files, etc - you'll need it to be installed. The
> only difference is, you'll be using the modified 'kolabd' and
> 'kolabconf' scripts in your checked-out devel module in place of the
> existing scripts installed with the kolab package. You'll also have
> to do a '/kolab/etc/rc kolab stop' to shut down the OpenPKG kolab
> daemon, so that you can run './kolabd' from your devel checkout
> without an existing kolab daemon running simultaneously.

This currently breaks for me because several config-files are generated
with stricter permissions or wrong owner. One is session-vars.php and
the other is imapd.conf (causes an endless loop in cyrus master until
it fills up the logfile partition).

I did see Stephan's reply to my other mail about the template stuff, and
I have the most recent stuff from CVS.

> templates to their proper locations. I guess we could create a script
> that links all the /kolab/etc/kolab templates/config files to your
> releng checkout?

I made a 4 line shellscript that copies the template files and replaces
@l_prefix@ etc. with real values. But kolabd seems to use the old Conf
class still.

Am I just too impatient and try this out at a bad time?

My problem is that I am running behind schedule here. I want to merge my
stuff in, but can't test it currently and I need to be able to build
test rpms for our customer and the KDE client developers -- and for
myself so I can get the remaining new features implemented.

Do you have an estimate on when kolab/perl-kolab stabilizes again?

> > By the way: I have a more or less completely new web admin
> > interface for kolab with several improvements over the original
> > one. Should I just dump it on top of the old one or should I rather
> > move it to devel (where I think it belongs) ?
>
> Please, put it wherever you feel it fits best. As I said, the reason
> I put it in the releng module was that there are no transformations
> that need doing in order to get it ready for a release. If it does
> goes into devel however, we'd have to update the %copydevel section
> of releng/kolab/devtool.conf to include a "cp ../../devel/kolab/admin
> ." or whatever, in order to prepare the admin interface for release.

Something like that, yes. A new requirement is a slightly more involved
install procedure for the webinterface. I want all the included php
files to reside outside reach of the webserver, and I need a couple of
other dirs that require special permissions. I imagine something like
this:

$prefix/var/kolab/www/admin/ <= below this we have webpages,
							 stylesheets, images etc.
$prefix/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ <= php code
                           /templates/ <= presentation templates
                           /templates_c/ <= compiled template cache
							        needs to be writable by httpd

Also, the new interface needs PHP Smarty. I checked in an rpm spec file
for a smarty rpm for openpkg in the server/ module, so that is
something I need to be able to release also.

> With regards to the version you have - the admin interface in
> releng/kolab/admin is a verbatim copy of the old
> server/kolab/kolab/admin, as it stood on 2004-05-03 - I'm not sure if
> this is the latest version or not?

Doesn't really matter what is there. The new php stuff I have here only
contains small snippets of the old code. Right now it does about 100%
of what the old interface does + bugfixes + additional features that we
need.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se