[Kolab-devel] apache compilation error

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Fri May 7 23:38:08 CEST 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:

Re Arash,

> I am not a kolab developer but a new user. Hence there was no user ML
> I am bothering you with this. Tryig to compile apache regarding to
> instruction of kolab installation manual I get this error message:
> [...]
> mod_auth_dbm.c:84:18: ndbm.h: No such file or directory

You need the system's ndbm package. If this is not available as in
recent Linux, i.e. Debian "Sarge" 3.1, then you can use the OpenPKG
gdbm package with ndbm compatiblity as a workaround. Dive deeper
into that topic at http://cvs.openpkg.org/openpkg-re/news.txt and
http://cvs.openpkg.org/openpkg-re/upgrade.txt looking for "ndbm".

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless