[Kolab-devel] different IMAP server

Ilja Booij ilja at ic-s.nl
Tue Mar 23 17:11:07 CET 2004

Nathan Toone wrote:
> - From my point of view (as someone who's installed it, is quite familiar with
> it, but didn't develop it) I think you'd be better off to try and write your
> own configuration tools around the IMAP server you are currently using.  It's
> not so much that Kolab depends on Cyrus, as it is that all the configuration
> for all the services comes from Kolab - and integrating the configuration
> mechanisms into dbmail will be quite difficult.
That makes sense. :)

> Also - a lot of the features (such as shared folders, shared calendaring, etc)
> depend on certain IMAP extensions that Cyrus supports (I'm not sure if dbmail
> supports them or not)
DBMail supports shared folders in the experimental version, using IMAP
ACLs. As I understand it (from reading the architecture paper from the
kolab/kroupware page) Kolab uses these shared folders to store shared
calendars. If this is so, storing shared calendars should work in the
same way as when using Cyrus.

Ilja