[Kolab-devel] kolab_setup (part of Kolab bootstrap rewrite)

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Mar 23 13:53:01 CET 2004

Am Dienstag, 23. März 2004 13:32 schrieb Buchan Milne:

Hi,

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Martin Konold wrote:

> > Description Architecture:
> > http://kroupware.kde.org/administration-1.0-html/c24.html

> > Description of Maintainer:
> > 	http://kroupware.kde.org/administration-1.0-html/x122.html

> > Description of Administrator:
> > 	http://kroupware.kde.org/administration-1.0-html/x181.html

> > Last but not least there is the manager account. In contrast to the above
> > groups (Maintainers and Adminitrators) there is only a single manager.

> My issue with this is that it needlessly pollutes the root of the LDAP
> tree ..

Please explain. I don't understand how the above descriptions refer to you
point.

> BTW, I have a nice set of ACLs for samba/posix (allowing samba DCs to
> create user accounts, groups and group mappings, so allowing the use of
> User Manager for Domains) and allowing user accounts to create shared
> contacts, using regex-based ACLs, such as:

This is interesting. Is there also a compatible User Manager for people not
running Windows?

> access to dn="^(.*,)?ou=Contacts,(dc=.+,?)+$$"
>         attrs=children,entry,inetOrgPerson
>         by dn="uid=.*,ou=People,$2" write
>         by * read
>
> I think this is a better approach as it would allow multi-domain support
> on one LDAP tree more easily.

multi-domain is still subject to research from my side.

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de