[Kolab-devel] Anybody currently working on the kolab web interface?

Nathan Toone nathan at toonetown.com
Fri Mar 19 05:19:07 CET 2004

> hey, it sounds like u've done a mighty pretty fine thing on kolab, man.
> Do you have any docs or any notes to share about the setup, and issues
> encountered? (not asking you to type any right now - i know your time is
> precious - but rather if you have any notes that you made along the way)

I don't have any notes with me right now (they are at work) but here is the
basic procedure for installing addons to Kolab:

./configure --prefix=/kolab
make
make install
copy any configuration files (conf.file)
into /kolab/etc/kolab/conf.file.template
edit /kolab/etc/kolab to push the config files to where they need to be
create /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.program
edit /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.kolab to start and stop rc.program

I'll post details to the list for installing amavis/spamassassin, mailman, and
jabber2 when I have them in front of me.

My next project - Freeradius.  Does anyone have experience enough with it to
know how to get it to authenticate using the LDAP directory from with Kolab?
I have it installed - I've just never configured it before...

-Nathan