[Kolab-devel] amasid install error

Nathan Toone nathan at toonetown.com
Fri Mar 12 15:49:02 CET 2004

> /kolab/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf does not exist at /kolab/local/sbin/amavisd
> line 564
> after initiating su - kolab-r -c ".kolab/local/sbin/amavisd -c \
> /kolab/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf debug'

Just to cover all bases - you *do* have a config file
in /kolab/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf, right?  (When I was setting it up, I put
it in /kolab/etc/amavis/amavisd.conf - note the lack of "d" in the
directory.....I tried to figure out for the longest time why it wasn't
working....and I felt really dumb when I finally did figure it out. :) )

> I am installing amavisd-new-20030616 and have tried other versions with the
> same effect, is there a distribution I should be using?
> Also, I am using debian linux 3.0 R2 if that helps.
> thanks for writing the HOWTO and thanks in advance for any help you can
> provide.

It's probably about the same, but I used the HOWTO found at
http://kolab.kde.org/howtos/amavis_spamassassin_clam/amavis_spamassassin_clam.pdf
and it was pretty easy to follow.  (I just substituted clam for the scanner of
my choice)

Good luck!

-Nathan