[Kolab-devel] Installer and OpenPKG

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Mar 12 13:32:32 CET 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 12:13, Joon Radley wrote:

> > We probably need a good text
> > so people can understand why we use OpenPGK on the webpage.
> >
> > I've tried starting one.
> > Attached my draft, based on the SGML version we had. It is
> > not completed yet, but I wanted to give you a rough outline.
>
> I think there is some confusion about the use of anaconda. Anaconda will be
> used to install Fedora and the OpenPKG for Kolab. Anaconda is not a
> replacement for OpenPKG. It is a OS installer.
>
> I think that using OpenPKG was one of the best decisions of the project.

Hi Joon,
thanks for clarifying.
So you basically want to install Fedora with Anaconda and then run
the OpenPGK scripts to set up Kolab. Nice.

Maybe you also can add to the reasons why OpenPGK is a good choice.
I have encountered many people that said:
But why don't you make Debian packages.
And it always took me a long time to explain it to them.