[Kolab-devel] Kolab Bootstrap redesign

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Mar 12 10:50:09 CET 2004

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 16:12, Stephan Buys wrote:
> Here is a high-level re-design proposal for the kolab boostrap
> process. Any comments welcome...
>
> http://www.toltec.co.za/downloads/kolab-bootstrap.pdf

Is this "bootstrap process" something that will run
each time I restart Kolab or does it run only once
when setting Kolab up for the first time?

The document should probalby refer
to the runtime configuration. Will
http://kroupware.org/technical-1.0.1-html/c421.html
still be true?

> We want to make a Fedora based installer for Kolab which is
> where the Anaconda definition of the kolab.bootrap file comes
> in.

It would be interesting to know the reasons for the Anaconda
installer and how it will work.
Using an OpenPKG 2.0 Kolab Server package, there
are two difficulties left:
	- How to disable or reconfigure other services using the same ports
	on the machine
	- download a lot of files and start the script
I image an Anaconda installer addressing these issues,
but not more. Am I correct?

Bernhard