[Kolab-devel] Re: Groupware object storage specfication

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Thu Mar 4 12:25:37 CET 2004

Stuart Bingë <list at codefusion.co.za> asked:

<quote>
I'm wondering where I could get some information regarding the storage
format of the Kolab groupware objects - not the format of the actual data
(such as an iCalendar block) but rather the format of the IMAP mail
message that contains the object. I've checked the Kolab architecture
documentation, however the format described in that document seems to
differ from that which the KDE client uses.

Is there perhaps an updated specification where one can get the proper
storage standard, or is the architecture document on the Kroupware pages
the definitive source? This is in relation to the webclient - I'm not
entirely sure what the 'correct' format is in which to save the messages,
however I would like to ensure that the messages the webclient produces
are correct (i.e. interoperable with other clients) before submitting the
Kolab drivers to the Horde project.
</quote>

The IMAP resource saves the iCalendar contents directly in the mail and
sets Content-Type to text/calendar. Here is an example from my IMAP
Calendar folder:

<plaintext>