[Kolab-devel] [issue195] ldap schema: deleteflag?

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Jun 17 17:00:54 CEST 2004

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

(split out of issue19:)

Buchan wrote:
OK, I think the remaining issue is the deleteflag issue (deleteflags were
added
to some RFC'd objectclasses, whereas they should be added using an auxiliary
objectclass - or objectclasses subclassed from the RFC'd objectclasses).

I think stephenb had a patch which used the AD attribute name, but for
compatability with previous releases of the Kolab schemas (and to ease
migration) both names should be provided. This can be done the same way that
o/organisationNmae is done:
attributetype ( 2.5.4.10 NAME ( 'o' 'organizationName' )
        DESC 'RFC2256: organization this object belongs to'
        SUP name )

Note however that OpenLDAP will return the first attribute name, not any other
one (sample entry from my test directory:
$ ldapsearch -x "(uid=bgmilne)" -LLL o
dn: uid=bgmilne,ou=People,dc=ranger,dc=dnsalias,dc=com
o: Mandrakelinux

$ ldapsearch -x "(uid=bgmilne)" -LLL organizationName
dn: uid=bgmilne,ou=People,dc=ranger,dc=dnsalias,dc=com
o: Mandrakelinux
)

Now just to look for stephenb's schema files (maybe they should be attached?)

assignedto: martin
messages: 613
nosy: bernhard, bgmilne, martin
priority: bug