[Kolab-devel] kolab-webadmin/www/admin/user user.php, 1.3, 1.4

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sat Jun 5 01:58:20 CEST 2004

Am Tuesday 01 June 2004 03:07 pm schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> > DHCP clients who a forced to renew every 24 hours or whatever can just
> > reauthenticate (I'd rather have them do that when the IP changes).
>
> Personally I have been at places where dhcp clients change more often.

Just for completeness: I know of at least two multi-ISP loadbalancing setups
(at customers from me) where http requests take different routes depending on
the total load and availability of the ISPs. Due to the usage of http proxies
the "source" address then changes from the point of view of the http
server/application rather often.

But because the fix to this issue is rather simple and straight forward I
don't want to discuss this any further but only request that we document is
somewhere in an accessible manner.

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de