[Kolab-devel] yet another way to build kolab

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sat Jun 5 01:21:35 CEST 2004

Am Friday 04 June 2004 12:15 am schrieb Thomas Lotterer:

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your comments!

> Also I never actually tried it, the design of the Kolab server allows
> components to run on different machines, i.e. the web interface on one
> machine and the engine on a different machine. The directory might be
> run on a third machine - discrete components allow service separation.

For proko2 (Kolab 2) we support Multi-Location setups and therefore we require
a distributed setup with a central LDAP server for approval of Proko2. Beeing
able to distribute the processes is actually central to the design of Kolab
from the very beginning.

> On Mon, May 31, 2004, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> > [wants php-smarty to become a OpenPKG package]
>
> I'll have a look into this.

Please keep us updated.

> On Tue, Jun 01, 2004, Richard Bos wrote:
> > As stated in the subject I have an alternative Makefile for
> > some kolab cvs modules. My favorite one at the moment is the
> > one for kolab-webadmin. The latter because there are no real
> > differences, if I compare the files provided via the rpms from
> > http://ftp.kolab.org/kolab/server/development/ and my makefile (the
> > differences seems to be updates in cvs compared to the rpms).
> >
> > The tarball that is the result of the above mentioned
> > Makefile is located at: http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/kolab/
> > (kolab-webadmin-1.90-20040601.tar.gz). The tarball can be configured
> > with ./configure (use --help) for the possible reconfigurations. The
> > usual commands like make, make DESTDIR=.... install and make distcheck
> > work.
>
> I took a look at this work today and I suggest Kolab should use it.

Steffen: Please comment on this. I really would like to hear what you have to
say. To me it looks like a good step in the right direction initially.

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de