[Kolab-devel] Kolab, LDAP, and Unix acounts

Alexandre Boeglin alex at nexedi.com
Tue Jun 1 19:15:47 CEST 2004

Hello,

I would like to install Kolab on one server, and this server would also act as
an X/VNC server.

Thus, having the Kolab and Unix accounts (using pam-ldap) synchronized in LDAP
would really help me.

So, i'd like to add some features to Kolab's web interface :

- When an user is created, it curently inherits from the objectClass
"inetOrgPerson" (for Kolab). I want to make it inherit also from
"posixAccount", "shadowAccount" (for Unix accounts) and maybe from
"sambaSamAccount" (for Samba).

- There is no groups (at least in Kolab1). I would like to add the ability in
the interface to manage groups (add/remove groups, add/remove users in
groups), using the objectClass "posixGroup" for the moment, buy I think it
could integrate with group ACL i've read about in Proko2 announce.

Now, my questions are :

- Is someone already working on this?

- Does someone else think that this could be usefull? And is there any chance
for it to be integrated into Kolab one day? (else, it would be far easier for
me to write a separate interface than to sync my changes again and again with
Kolab's interface)

- I tried to read the discussions about the changes in CVS from the mailing
list archives, but I got a bit lost... Is "server" still the active module?

- I also read that the web interface were to be rewritten for Kolab2, is its
status available somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alexandre Boeglin