[Kolab-devel] Re: beware of obmtool

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Tue Jul 27 09:41:21 CEST 2004

Re Martin,

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004, Martin Konold wrote:
> I removed an old /kolab installation using rm -rf but left the old
> entries in /etc/passwd and /etc/group intact and tried to install a
> new kolab with obmtool.

I still do not understand the problem because I'm wondering howa RPM
database can exist if you previously removed everything. My guess is
that something (most likely an OpenPKG instance using the same prefix
but different user/group names/ids etc) was installed below /kolab and
only parts were removed.

> IMHO obmtool should be able to notice that the rpm database found is
> not from OpenPKG and act accordingly.

I'll try to improve obmtool checking the environment it finds at the
proposed destination. It seems arbitrary data (trash) is worse than no
data.

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless