[Kolab-devel] Re: beware of obmtool

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Mon Jul 26 15:59:46 CEST 2004

Re Martin,

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004, Martin Konold wrote:
> obmtool lacks efficient protection for existing rpm databases. I think
> it should check that it is really dealing with the correct rpm.

can you please provide some more information regarding this problem?
The obmtool is always calling rpm using an absolute path so it surely
uses the rpm which is correct for a given instance. What are you doing
in your particular case - upgrading (especially across major OpenPKG
releases), installing from scratch (the prompt suggests the latter but
obmtool doesn't care about PWD), installing with /etc/passwd already
setup (or leftover from a previous run) ... The tool does not protect an
existing database, it's consuming it.

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless