[Kolab-devel] imap search operation costs

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Jul 16 08:43:25 CEST 2004

Am Freitag, 16. Juli 2004 01:29 schrieb Stuart K. Bingë:

Hi Stuart,

> > Well, I see you point. But nothing prevents you from also storing the
> > IUID together with the EUID.
>
> There is one thing that prevents me from doing this, and that's time. As
> in, I don't have enough of it :-/

This is a very valid reason imho. So may a note in the programmers
documentation would be nice.

I also want to propose a note in the standard declaring some stuff to be used
cautiously.

> > How does the freebusy viewer get the fb lists? Does it generate them or
> > merely only load them?
>
> It retrieves them from the free/busy generation script (freebusy.php) by
> doing a HTTP fetch. The freebusy script can then take care of caching the
> lists, etc.

Yes, this was what I hoped you where doing.

What about the idea to add the iuid already to the extended fb lists objects?

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de