[Kolab-devel] Re: martin: server/kolab/kolab/templates imapd.conf.template, 1.5, 1.6

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Jul 15 01:12:49 CEST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2004 01:09 schrieb Steffen Hansen:

Hi,

> rather about the whole LDAP thing in imapd.conf. Are we dumping sasl
> and doing LDAP directly?

No we keep sasl for authentification.

> Which version of Cyrus IMAPD does it require. The imapd.conf manpage I
> have here does not contain anything about virtdomains: ldap

We modified Cyrus  in order to be able to lookup the mailbox name from LDAP
when a user chooses to use a freely configurable UID for authentification.

This is required for the often requested feature of a UID independent of the
primary email address.

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de