[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.0 Release Coordination

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 10 21:51:02 CEST 2004

Op zaterdag 10 juli 2004 21:39, schreef Richard Bos:
> No.  See, my 1st remark (starting with 'And now you'), kolab should be
> relocatable!  Leave, the rest up to the community and accept patches
> concerning relocation.  Once kolab is relocatable distributions can start
> thinking to _integrate_ kolab into their distribution.

An example for this relocation, the apache log file;
openpkg, mandrake and suse have the log in a different location.  However, if
the code would use @httpd_log_file@ instead of
@l_prefix@/var/kolab/log/apache (by heart it may not be the exact location,
it is just to get an idea), or instead of #!@l_prefix@/bin/perl, one would
use # @PERL@  it would be easier to adapt the kolab code for a specific
distribution.  I use 'adapt' and not _integrated_ as that can only be done
after the code has been made relocatable.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless