[Kolab-devel] OID numbers used in kolab.schema

Buchan Milne bgmilne at obsidian.co.za
Thu Jan 29 12:48:59 CET 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 21:09, Buchan Milne wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Stephan Buys wrote:
> > > The Kroupware consortium (Intevation?) should probably be the guys to
> > > register the OID for Kolab. I fully agree that this needs to be addressed
> > > (and would indeed by trivial to do).
>
> I've submitted a request for an enterprise number
> for the Kolab Project.

Great.

> Intevation will act on behalf of the Kolab community,
> until we'll find a better solution.

In handling the OID number for now?

> > > We could do what the Horde project (OID 13040) did and registrer an
> > > OID using the Company Name: The Kolab Project (or something similar)
> >
> > Sure. It just has to be done, and the "legal" schema published. I would do
> > it, but the only OIDs I have access to belong to a client at present.
> >
> > Really, until now experimental OIDs should have been used.
>

> > Really, I think this is quite urgent. It would be nice if the real schema
> > exists before KDE-3.2 final is out ....
>
> We should open an issue about what need to be done
> when we have the OID. Buchan: Do you feel like doing this?

Sure. Where?

Mostly, the 60000 must just be replaced with the assigned enterprise
number (assuming that the existing arcs below 60000 are acceptable to the
owner of the Kolab OID ).

If any changes need to be made below the current 60000 when the OID is
assigned, they should be drafted now, so we can just /s/$OLDOID/$NEWOID/g
when the time comes.

Regards,
Buchan