Kolab templates (Was: Re: [Kolab-devel] Kolab-CF and Template file handling)

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Tue Jan 27 20:59:34 CET 2004

Regarding the packaging of template files, here are some of our ideas:

One of the ideas that we had was that packages that utilise Kolab could
have a "define 'with_kolab yes'" directive that would install the appropriate
template file within @l_prefix@/etc/kolab/templates/

Another idea we had was to create a UPDATE_MECH directive in the Meta
data. One of the mechs would be "shell". The Kolab::Conf mechanism would
then automatically pipe the .template file into an executable and take the
output from STDOUT and write it as the new config file.

You would be able to do any kind of magic you want then, one idea I had
was to have a "stub" template, with no content except
UPDATE_MECH=shell(/path/to/executable)
KOLAB_END_META

This executable could run mysql or LDAP queries (or do anything you can
imagine) and spit a config file to STDOUT, and that would then be used
as the config file.