[Kolab-devel] OID numbers used in kolab.schema

Buchan Milne bgmilne at obsidian.co.za
Tue Jan 27 17:10:27 CET 2004

I am working on some issues related to deploying kolab with a linux
distribution, and I noticed that the OID numbers used in the published
kolab.schema (such as objectclass 1.3.6.1.4.1.60000.2.2.1, 'kolab')
are not currently registered, since the private-enterprise
number 60000 is not present in the list at IANA
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers), the highest on
currently being 19345.

According to draft-ietf-ldapbis-iana-06.txt, unowned OIDs should not be
published, instead experimental OIDs should be used.

According to the IANA registration page, a private-enterprise number
is free, and should take about 5 days.

The question is who is going to take ownership of the OIDs used and
published in the kolab.schema.

Until the OID issue is resolved, I would not be prepared to support a
Kolab deployment (since I am currently dealing with issues similar to this
on an LDAP server with 200k+ accounts, and it is not fun to fix ...).

Can someone resolve this issue?

Regards,
Buchan