[Kolab-devel] Kolab CF

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Mon Jan 19 22:06:51 CET 2004

> We are in the process of packaging the work that we have done
> over the last seven months or so on the Kolab Daemon.
>
> [...]
>
> For more information before the release you are welcome to post
> your questions to the list. Also any feedback on the naming and
> the upload location would be welcome.

Hi,

sorry for not following the developer list closely in the last months (but I
just subscribed). Here are my questions:

What will be the upgrade path for an existing Kolab installation? Up to now
I used the src-rpms provided by intevation and I also installed the web
frontend (October snapshot provided on Intevations FTP server). Now I
wonder if there will be new src-rpms available via that channel.

What about zfos? I've read about it but I don't know how this will support
my existing installation or interfere with it. If it pulls versions to be
built via cvs then it won't help me because I've no cvs access in the
company I work for and where I have Kolab installed.

The web frontend (from October) was let's say incomplete. Well, it's some
kind of pre-release and I actually have no problems with that. But I don't
know where the current development is done. Sourceforge seems to be dead (I
also read it in another mail to this list), and the Kolab CVS at Intevation
has pretty old files too.

Regards,
Andreas