[Kolab-devel] Kolab Naming (was Kolab-CF)

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Mon Jan 19 15:23:55 CET 2004

I would suggest:

kolabd (kolab engine is also a nice name)
and
kolab-webadmin

But is there a concept for a Kolab server version? At the moment we
are using OpenPKG-current so it is very hard to stay static with certain
versions? Also, I have no idea how Kolab versions differ from the kolab rpms.

Maybe Thomas could make some suggestions around versioning, also
specifically around OpenPKG-2.0, which is coming soon. We could possibly
follow OpenPKG in the sense that "Kolab Server" follows OpenPKG, the same
way that KDE follows QT as far as major versioning is concerned.

Ie. Kolab-2.0 will be the version of packages and backend services that
are catered to run with OpenPKG 2.0?

In the mean time we continue improving the backend services, with major
upgrades/architectural changes applied when OpenPKG bumps up in version?

Please lets have everybody's suggestions!

--
Stephan  Buys
Code Fusion cc.
Email: s.buys at codefusion.co.za