[Kolab-devel] Webclient Status

Stuart Bingë datura at mighty.co.za
Wed Feb 25 18:45:55 CET 2004

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>>2) We are also using a PHP accelerator which makes the experience very
>>pleasant.
>
> BTW: Is that one Free Software?

As far as we can tell it is free - it's the ionCube PHP Accelerator
available from <http://www.php-accelerator.co.uk/>. This may not be a
viable choice, as the licensing looks too vague. From their FAQ:

Q.  	What license is there with PHPA?
A. 	There is no official license for PHPA, and it's free for use.
Because it's still under active development, if distributed then it
should be made clear where it originated, and users made aware that
there may be a newer version than the version they have.

We have no real attachment to this specific product however - it was
just the first result from a "php accelerator" google'ing. On the plus
side it's a breeze to install and seems to work very well, so we're
happy to continue to use it.

Cheers,

Stuart
<s.binge at codefusion.co.za>