[Kolab-devel] eForum Concern

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Feb 25 18:33:59 CET 2004

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 11:01, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> On Dienstag, 24. Februar 2004 17:10, Stephan Buys wrote:
> > Should we discuss this on the general user list as well? (Bernhard from
> > Intevation is away till next week and might also want some input into
> > this subject)

> Well, I think this issue actually belongs to the other list. Or do the
> developers communicate via the forum?

It was not carried on to the user list
so I guess we can continue the discussion here
and if we come to first conclusions we should to to
the user list with it.

Somehow this is a developers issue.
We are the ones with more technical insight
and less time.
This means we probably prefer email over a formums software
or a wiki.

However many users really like forums.
They also have advantages that FAQ like questions
can some bubble up on their own during the process.
Thus I thought it is a good idea to start with it.
However it is a bit self serving.
We might want to point this out somehow.

I don't think it is an option to remove the forums,
we need an idea how to deal with them.

One idea: We could specifically try to find a volunteer
which monitors the forum and create bug reports
or forward really important points.
It should be a user.

We probably need more policies so that people know how
they can help. Users needs to help themselfs first
so the developers have some time to develop. :)