[Kolab-devel] Groupware object storage specfication

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Feb 12 17:57:56 CET 2004

On Monday 09 February 2004 14:56, Stuart Bingë wrote:
> I'm wondering where I could get some information regarding the storage
> format of the Kolab groupware objects - not the format of the actual data
> (such as an iCalendar block) but rather the format of the IMAP mail message
> that contains the object. I've checked the Kolab architecture
> documentation, however the format described in that document seems to
> differ from that which the KDE client uses.

What kind of difference did you encounter?

> Is there perhaps an updated specification where one can get the proper
> storage standard, or is the architecture document on the Kroupware pages
> the definitive source?

We might need to rework that specification.
The idea is to have standard formats as MIME attachements.
There might be slight difference in handling the email parts,
but as long as it is a valid MIME email and the format
in the attachement is correct, it  should work.