[Kolab-devel] nested distribution lists

Maximilian Winkler maximilian.winkler at fh-deggendorf.de
Fri Dec 10 09:00:44 CET 2004

Hello,

currently the webgui does not allow to manage nested distribution
lists.  However I can insert the necessary entries in  ldap itself (and
it is working).

Maybe it would be an improvement to the webgui to allow such actions.

Example:

I want to build a distribution list "students" which consists of three
sub-distribution-lists:

students-et
students-bw
students-mb

When I try to build it with the webgui an error comes up:

No user with email address, UID or alias students-et

Obviously, the php-script checks if the string I entered is an existing
email address or alias. It does not allow a distribution list.

The same in ldap works:

dn: cn=students,dc=fh-deggendorf,dc=de
objectClass: kolabGroupOfNames
cn: students
member: cn=students-et,dc=fh-deggendorf,dc=de
member: cn=students-bw,dc=fh-deggendorf,dc=de
member: cn=students-mb,dc=fh-deggendorf,dc=de

greetings,

Max.