[Kolab-devel] Kmail: Message forwarding missing attachements

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Dec 1 22:40:14 CET 2004

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 21:01, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> When forwarding a message with "as text",
> the attachements are missing.
>
> I cannot follow this up right now, so does anybody
> know if this is a KMail bug or a changed policy,
> as older KMail versions used to do this?

It's a KMail bug due to the implementation of aegypten issue39.

It was reverted in KDE_3_3_BRANCH with the commit log:
revision 1.851.2.6
date: 2004/10/15 23:31:13;  author: kloecker;  state: Exp;  lines: +0 -53
Fix bug 91132 (attachment is not added to message when message with attachment is forwarded inline) by reverting the 'fix for aegypten issue39
'. As Marc wrote in his cvs comment about the AttachmentCollector: 'Rough estimation of an attachment extractor. It probably fails in a thousa
nd cases, but for what I wrote it (re-editing of signed/encrypted mails), it works surprisingly well already.' Well, that's probably the only
case for that it actually works because obviously excluding all multipart/* message parts (isInExclusionList() returns true for all of them) c
an't work because attachments are always inside a multipart/* message part. Also the values of mDiveIntoEncryptions, etc. are not used. In its
 current state AttachmentCollector isn't even ready for HEAD let alone for a stable branch.