[Kolab-devel] Changes to ftp.kolab.org

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon Aug 30 13:53:59 CEST 2004

On Monday 30 August 2004 13:35, Matt Douhan wrote:
> On Monday 30 August 2004 12.10, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> > I'm experimenting with that that right now. It would be really nice
> > if we didn't have to mirror all the openpkg packages and instead
> > can just point obmtool to our ftp server for the kolab specific
> > packages and let it fetch everything else from ftp.openpkg.org.
> >
> > So far it seems to work nicely. I'll report back whether it is good
> > or not.
>
> I assume your problem just as mine is that it seems impossible to
> specify URL / package right?
>
> I totally agree with your plan to only provide Kolab specific
> packages on the kolab ftp and mirrors.
>
> I wrote a small script that runs using two obmtool.conf files one for
> kolab packages and one for openpkg URL but that is a dirty hack for
> now, I am sure there must be a way to handle this in obmtool/openpkg
> itself.

Here is what I'm trying right now. With obmtool-1.38 it fails for the
openpkg-...src.sh package, but I already sent a fix to Thomas Lotterer.
With my fixlet it seems to run very well and automatically fetch packages
from the various dirs at ftp.openpkg.org and ftp.kdab.net. The only problem
is that it puts an additional responsibility on the people who mirror kolab:
Each mirror must replace ftp://ftp.kdab.net/... with an URL for their own server.
That can of course be automated easily. NOTE: ftp.kdab.net is very low bandwidth,
please use a mirror instead.

Quote from my obmtool.conf:

%common
    @hasfeature TAGFMT || exit   # require obmtool to support TAGFMT
    TMPDIR=/var/tmp    # large tmp with 300MB space
    URL="ftp://ftp.kdab.net/pub/kolab/server/current/" # used for non-ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/ packages

%kolab
    echo "---- boot/build ${NODE} %${CMD} ----"
    PREFIX=/${CMD};
    loc='' # '' (empty) for ftp.openpkg.org, '=' for URL, './' for CWD or absolute path
    altloc='='

    # start from scratch or upgrade within 2.0.x
    @install ${loc}openpkg-2.1.2-2.1.2 \
        --tag="kolab" \
        --prefix="${PREFIX}" \
        --user="${CMD}" --group="${CMD}" \
        --muid="19414" --ruid="19415" --nuid="19416" \
        --mgid="19414" --rgid="19415" --ngid="19416"
	@install ${altloc}perl-kolab-5.8.4-20040826

--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se