[Kolab-devel] [issue334] kmail starts after kolabwizard has been run

Christopher Lewis chris at endlessware.com
Fri Aug 20 19:02:58 CEST 2004

On Friday 20 August 2004 11:32 am, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
> New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:
>
> Sometimes KMail starts when the user finished the configuration with the
> kolabwizard.  It's not clear to me under which circumstances it happens.
> One way to reproduce it is the following:
>
> 1. Use the erposs system and work direct at that system.  Remotely, via
> e.g. ssh and X forwarding it doesn't happen.  It might be enough to do this
> on a system where kde is the default desktop.
>
> 2. Use a new user or at least a user that doesn't have a .kde directory yet
> before login.
>
> 3. login as that user via kdm.
>
> 4. open a shell window and start kolabwizard.
>
> 5. configure the kolab settings and exit the wizard with the OK button
>
> 6. now kmail starts for some reason.
>

> version: proko2m3-woody2 (20040818)
>
> ----------
> assignedto: bo
> messages: 1495
> nosy: bh, bo
> priority: bug
> status: unread
> title: kmail starts after kolabwizard has been run
> topic: kde client, proko2

I'm not sure if this is useful, but here it goes anyway.  It seems that if
KOrganizer is configured to use the IMAP resources, it's alarm daemon will
automatically start KMail as it was loading.  This was on a pre-3.3 release
version of Kontact.

Could it be that this is the same problem?  Perhaps the wizard configures
KOrganizer to use IMAP resources, Alarm Daemon loads and starts KMail?
--
Christopher Lewis
chris at endlessware.com
Office (360) 968-1606