[Kolab-devel] Problems with 20040804

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Fri Aug 13 12:36:35 CEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> On Thursday 12 August 2004 18:58, Matt Douhan wrote:
>
> > 1. How can I blow all the config away and reinstall?
>
> Remove /kolab
> (or move it away).
> Then a fresh ./obmtool kolab
> in the a directory with the compiled packages will do a fresh install.
> Note that after you have done a compilation once, you will find
> the compiled packages in /kolab/RPM/PKG

If you keep the binaries in the CWD or in the /kolab/RPM/PKG directory
then obmtool will pick them up. No need to rebuild everything from
scratch. You can even mix source and binary RPMs. The tool tries to
use binaries. If they are missing it tries to use sources. If they
are missing it tries to download sources. It is a usual configuration
to keep binaries of static packages like the development tool chain
(openpkg, make, binutils, gcc ...) and rebuild the everchanging
applications (kolab*).

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless