[Kolab-devel] Kolab2: More fun with LDAP

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Aug 12 16:54:02 CEST 2004

Am Thursday 12 August 2004 09:46 schrieb Stephan Buys:

Hi Stephan,

> I would like to recommend implementing an extended rootDSE in kolab so that
> clients can automatically derive wether or not a server is a kolab server
> by doing a simple LDAP query.

I like the additional feature of a rootDSE but it is not strictly required in
order to find out that a LDAP server is a Kolab server. For this we have that
k attribute but as AD becomes more and more widespread I expect more and more
clients to take advantage of rootDSE.

> Now create /kolab/etc/kolab/rootDSE.ldif with:
> dn:
> objectClass: kolab

Added to cvs.

> +rootDSE                /kolab/etc/kolab/rootDSE.ldif

Done!

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de