[Kolab-devel] non rpm/openpkg sources

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 11 20:29:05 CEST 2004

Op woensdag 11 augustus 2004 01:03, schreef Corey:
> Where can I find the latest stable Kolab 1.x sources?  Namely, I'm most
> interested in the sources in tarball - or better yet, for those packages
> that have been patched, what would the best means be for me to get access
> to just the patches?
>
> How about the same, but for the latest/current development, or Kolab 2.x
> sources?
>
> Am I even making any sense?
>
> My goal is to begin looking into the prospect of creating a real, actual
> gentoo ebuild for kolab. Doing so using the rpm's or openpkg's has many
> inherent issues.
>
> Aside from gentoo, it seems to me that it would make alot of sense if kolab
> were packaged/distributed in a much more distro-agnostic fashion.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Corey

Corey,

sometime ago I started with autoconfiscation of kolab, so it would be possible
to run ./configure, make, make install and the correct settings would be
applied automatically to your system (if known of course).   At the moment I
lack time to continue with that.  My suggestion is that you continue the
autoconfiscation of kolab, what would you give automatically the gentoo
ebuild possibility.

Let me know, if you like the idea.  I can you bring you up to speed.  As an
example have a look kolab-webadmin cvs module.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless