AW: AW: AW: [Kolab-devel] Adress Book Problem with zfos release ofKolab

Buchan Milne bgmilne at obsidian.co.za
Fri Apr 2 14:26:17 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Frank Paulick wrote:

> This is what i get:
>
> line 250 (attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.250.1.57 NAME 'labeledURI' DESC 'RFC2079: Uniform Resource Identifier with optional label' EQUALITY caseExactMatch SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 ))
> /kolab/etc/openldap/schema/kolab.schema: line 250: Duplicate attributeType: "1.3.6.1.4.1.250.1.57"
> slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
> slapd stopped.

Yup.

AFAIK, the kolab.schema is currently intended to be used standalone
(without any other schema files).

I have corrected most issues in the kolab.schema we ship with the
Mandrake openldap packages, but the remaining problem is the additional
deleteflag attribute which was tacked onto the standard objectclasses
(which are defined in RFCs). This needs to be corrected, either by
creating new structural objectclasses derived from
country,locality,organisation,organizationalunit,person,organizationalperosn
(which is redundant, it inherits from person),and groupofnames (ie
kolabcounty, kolablocality etc), or by creating an auxiliary objectclass
(ie deleteableObject or something) which just allows (or requires if
necessary) deleteflag.

Published schemas should not be altered, this breaks RFC compliance and
interoperability.

I can make some drafts for both of these cases

Regards,
Buchan