[Kolab-devel] Kolab Build System - input required

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Tue Sep 2 17:28:01 CEST 2003

Hello all,

We are about to start work on a standard build system for the Kolab server,
but before we do we would like some input from you guys - so that the utility
is usefull to a broad audience.

We were thinking of using the GNU autoconfig system.
To build Kolab the steps would then be:

#./configure --prefix=/kolab --emaildomain=mydomain.com --hostname=myhostname
#make
#make install

With optional make targets like:
#make fetch

What do you think?

The reasoning behind this was that a) it is nice and standards based, b) we want to
learn autoconf :-)

I have seen in the history of the Kolab project that there have been several scripted
solutions, but they never seem to last. This would give us a system that everyone
will know how to use, and hopefully keep on using....

Any feedback appreciated!

Stephan  Buys
Code Fusion cc.
Tel: +27 11 391 1412