[Kolab-devel] Kolab Web Client - Artists/Assistance needed

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Tue Sep 2 14:56:11 CEST 2003

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

> This doesn't make sense IMHO. It would be a really hard if not impossible
> task to backport this stuff to the stable version. I would rather recommend
> that no local modifications of Horde should be done in Kolab.

Agreed in principle. Problem is that we have really no idea how stable Horde CVS
is and what the release timeframe for it is. The kolab kronolith driver already uses
several Horde CVS libraries from within Horde stable.

> Changes necessary in the *code* should be merged into the main Horde CVS
> tree. You can of course bundle a snapshot from CVS that you consider stable
> with Kolab, but all modifications should as far as possible be done in
> Horde itself. What comes to mind are Kolab drivers for the several apps you
> want to use as well as a Kolab theme for the layout.

Ok. We will investigate this, of course this makes a lot more sense in the long run.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Stephan!