[Kolab-devel] Kolab Support for the Toltec Connector

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Oct 30 02:37:19 CET 2003

Am Wednesday 29 October 2003 09:01 pm schrieb Joon Radley:

Hi,

Joon,

> We are about to start adding support for the Kolab formats to our
> connector.

This is very good news!

> 1) How does the other Kolab clients handle name mangling of the mailbox
> names on the IMAP4 server when special characters are used?

Please have a look at http://www.kroupware.org/concept-1.0.1.pdf

rfc1730 says mailbox names can be atoms, quoted strings, or literals.  Of
those, quoted strings and literals may contain spaces and international
characters.

> 2) What is the
> format of the hidden synchronization message in the folders?

This message is sofar not finally defined. I will make a proposal later.
Basically the KDE Kolab Client currently does not support multiple folders of
the same type e.g. multiple calendars.

Please let me know when you need to finally know this format.

> 3) What is the
> format of the "groupware" messages?

What do you mean?

> 4) The directory structure used by the other Kolab clients?

What do you mean?

> 5) What is the benchmark application I must use when testing conformity
> between clients? (Kmail or Horde)

Kmail Kroupware branch and later Kontact are the benchmark programs.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de