[Kolab-devel] Failed opening 'session_vars.php'

Pedro Mullor pmullor at gltrade.be
Wed Nov 5 19:34:18 CET 2003

hello, it works !!

kolab version is as available on date 20031103 (I recompiled again), so :
kolab-1.0-1.0.14.src.rpm

On the other hand, an ls –l of
/kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/include/session_vars.php sends :

-rw-r-----    1 kolab    kolab         593 Nov  4 02:03 session_vars.php

/etc/group yields:

kolab:*:1000:kolab
kolab-r:*:1002:kolab-r
kolab-n:*:1003:kolab-n

so, as long as apache is running as user kolab-n, it’s rather normal that he
cannot read it. I haven’t thought of that, it’s rather stupid.

What rights should it have ? just 4 would suffice or it has to be 6 for
group ‘others’ ? I started with 4 and seems to work, but one wonders.

At the same time, this has to be taken care of on the sources (& bins)
because the same problem appears on every installation I did (4 times)
following the QIM.

cheers and thx for the hint !

Pedro