[Kolab-devel] Legacy mode broken?

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Wed May 21 22:39:54 CEST 2003

Nevermind...I'm going to dedicate myself to sitting in the street corner
with a dunce cap for the rest of the day.

It's the KOLAB entry in LDAP....DUUUH!!

;)

Thanks for your patience Martin - I realize I abused it!

Best

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 14:35, Diego Rivera wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 14:18, Martin Konold wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2003 22:04 schrieb Diego Rivera:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > for security reasons we dont use the real username and password for ftp
> > transfers. After all ftp is unencrypted plain text.
>
> Agreed and understood - the docs state this.  Understand that I tried
> them as I tried anything else I could think of and it still wouldn't
> work.
>

> > Please have a look at
> >
> > http://www.kroupware.org/technical-1.0.1-html/x587.html
> > http://www.kroupware.org/architecture-1.1/x516.html
> > http://www.kroupware.org/architecture-1.1/x154.html
> >
> > You may lookup the freebusy credentials in LDAP.
>
> I've seen these docs  However, I've looked for the freebusy credentials
> in LDAP (using the gq LDAP browser), and they're not there.  I'm
> assuming I'm looking for an entry like
> "cn=freebusy,dc=mail,dc=kolab,dc=priv", and it's not there.
>
> I can see the users I've created, a shared folder I created, and other
> things listed - but no freebusy credentials that I can tell.
>
> There's admin, manager, nobody, internal, external, etc...but no
> freebusy anywhere (that I can find).
>
> BTW: I DID enable legacy mode in the web-gui since the initial install.
>
> I realize I'm being incredibly dense (it can't possibly be the system
> from what I've seen in the docs and from the posts by you guys), but for
> the life of me I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
>
> My understanding of legacy mode is:
>
> a) I can ftp to the kolab server and upload my f/b information using
> some form of credentials that apply only to me - either the freebusy
> credentials you mention to upload the file "<me>.vcf", or my own
> credentials to upload the same file (not likely, because of the security
> concerns you mention).
>
> b) I can http (or https) to the kolab server at
> http(s)://server/freebusy/me.vcf and get said information.  This
> requires me to authenticate (which I'm assuming should be done using the
> freebusy credentials you mention, as it needs to be publicly available).
>
> Is this perception correct?  That's what I glean from the docs.
>
> Jeez I feel dumb...but for the life of me I can't figure out what I'm
> missing!
* Diego Rivera                                            *
* "The Disease: Windows, the cure: Linux"                 *
* E-mail: lrivera<AT>racsa<DOT>co<DOT>cr                  *
* Replace: <AT>='@', <DOT>='.'                            *
* GPG: BE59 5469 C696 C80D FF5C  5926 0B36 F8FF DA98 62AD *
* GPG Public Key avaliable at: http://pgp.mit.edu         *