[Kolab-devel] List setup, reply-to header?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sun May 18 17:03:23 CEST 2003

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 10:15:39AM +0200, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Thursday 15 May 2003 18:17, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > if the discussion is so old,
> > can you point me to a document where the arguments are rebutted?
> > I'm interested in that, because so far
> > I haven't seen better arguments.
> >
> > And we both haven't dicussed the topic in the past.
> > If it really makes you unhappy, I'll do it,
> > but not based on argument from your side. :)

> http://www.metasystema.org/essays/reply-to-useful.mhtml

I know that document, but it does not take into account
the following arguments:
	All reasonable email clients have a list-reply options
	List-Post headers work with modern mailinglist managers like Mailman.
	Additionally there is Mail-Follow-up to.

KMail's list-reply option is a bit suboptimal AFAIK,
because it cannot detect mailinglists in normal folders
which do not have a List-Post: header.
Recognising List-Post: header is new, I don't know since
what version.

If people using KMail still have a technical problem with it
we should file a wish and help fixing it.
(Okay this based on a personal observation
that many group replies from mailinglist I get
come from KMail users, which obviosuly hit group reply.
Like I did with this email.
And the only strong requests for adding reply-to: headers
on mailinglists I run come from lists where many KMail users are on.) :)

Seriously, I don't see the arguments rebutted,
but if this makes the majority happy, I'll add such a header.
Bo, I'll count your voice for adding that header.

	Bernhard