[Kolab-devel] Where do we start?

Stephan Buys s.buys at codefusion.co.za
Wed May 14 20:30:03 CEST 2003

(Moderators please delete previous unsubscribed post, thanks!)

Hi all,

Thanks to Bernhard and everyone involved for creating/hosting this list for us!
I'll cut to the chase and publish my personal wishlist ;-)

1) The ability to easily build the SRC RPMS of the Kolab server from CVS
- This might already exists
- Some script like assemblekolab.sh could be used to quickly take changes
from CVS to a state where we can merge changes into Kolab and test them.
- Any comments on this?

2) There is a patch available that takes "client_ldap_cache" out of Postfix and
thus allows us to compile Postfix with LDAP support for the latest OpenLDAP version.
This will scale better and need less processing than the what the kolab script does
at the moment. (As this will be in "Kolab development" it should be ok to test this?)

3) What about splitting the Kolab schema files out to different files again? I would like
to add support for 2739 (LDAP Free/Busy URI's) to the server so that the client-side
guys can start playing with it. (This of course does not affect the kolab.schema file, I
just think it is easier to manage the different Schema files seperately)

4) We also need to think about a solution around distribution list. Either through aliasing
with postfix or through integrating a mailing list manager.

When I think of some more I will let you all know :-)

Regards,

Stephan  Buys
Technical Director
Code Fusion cc.