[Kolab-devel] kolab.schema

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Tue Jun 17 15:48:53 CEST 2003

Hi,

Stephan Buys <s.buys at codefusion.co.za> writes:

> Agreed. Did you see the RFC2739 schema file I posted to the list?
> Maybe you want to include it in your schema collection?

Unfortunately I didn't see it.
My combiCalendar.schema includes abook.schema, evolution.schema and
the complete RFC-2739 recommenation.

> The "extensions" that we need to add can then be put in kolab.schema
> until such time that they grow into their own schema files?

My main concern regarding integration of core.schema into kolab.schema
ist, that the openldap maintainers gradualy include core attributes
into top, that is including in the source code. When you stick to an
old not updated kolab.schema but update your openldap server, you may
not be able to start the server anymore because of conflicts with old
schemas.

> I also want some proposals on attributes and objects in order for postfix to
> use LDAP. Check the postfix docs under:
>
> README_FILES/LDAP_README

I have done some work on a postfix.schema already, but that is to be
tested first.

> In there they say any attributes can be used. I guess it's up to us to find
> proper schema files or to define our own.

That is correct, you can partly use nis.schema and sendmail.schema

> Dieter - maybe you can add that to your collection as well? Using your OID?

I will see what I can do but allow a few days to set up the server
properly. Typo3 doesn't do what I want it to do, yet. :-(

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung
Tel:040.64861967 | Fax: 040.64891521