[Kolab-devel] Kolab SDK

Stephan Buys s.buys at codefusion.co.za
Wed Jul 23 10:08:23 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I would like to announce the availability of the following modules on CPAN:

Kolab::Config
  - A common interface through which to access /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf

Kolab::DirServ
 - Core library of the Address Book replication services

Kolab::DirServ::Config
 - Address Book replication settings

Kolab::Util
 - A set of libraries used in the kolab backend and the Kolab::DirServ modules.

The idea is to have a common API through which developers can access the
Kolab server. For example, I should never try to parse /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf
myself. All I need to do is load Kolab::Config and then use the %kolab_config
variable.

When later versions of Kolab are released and we change some of the
configuration files, all we need to do is assure that the API stays intact.

Now that these modules are online I will add the Address Book replication
service to the Kolab webpages.

Any feedback, contributions, flames welcome!

Stephan  Buys
Code Fusion cc.
Tel: +27 11 391 1412
Mobile: +27 83 294 1876