[Kolab-devel] Analysis of large calendar performance hit

Stephan Buys s.buys at codefusion.co.za
Tue Jul 22 15:20:32 CEST 2003

The fastest code is code thats never executed :-)

The reason TNEF is slow is probably because it is harder to parse,
iCalendar is an easy to parse text format.

IMHO the best solution here would be to only load the calendars that
are necesarry. Ie. dont do unnecesarry work. Even if you can squeeze TNEF the
calendar loading down to 10 seconds, what happens if you have 5000 calendar
entries?

As far as I know you can do intelligent searches in Cyrus as well as indexing,
maybe this is something to investigate? The IMAP protocol might be very handy
here.

Regards,
Stephan