[Kolab-devel] Analysis of large calendar performance hit

Arend van Beelen jr. arend at auton.nl
Mon Jul 21 14:36:54 CEST 2003

Hi!

(this mail has been sent to kroupware at mail.kde.org as
well)

I've been looking in the KMail sources to find why it
takes so long to load big calendar folders. If I click a
folder about 1000 calendar entries encoded in TNEF format,
it takes 15+ seconds to load the calendar. I found the
performance hit occurs in a loop in
KMGroupware::slotInitIncidences(). If I comment the for()
loop in that function, the hit is gone (but, of course,
the calendar entries aren't loaded either). Do you think
it might be possible to optimize this loop some way?
Possibly in a way that only entries for the selected
day(s) are loaded?

Greets,

Arend jr.

--