[Kolab-devel] Kolab 1.1 (or 2.0) Roadmap

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jul 18 15:04:24 CEST 2003

On Friday 18 July 2003 12:13, Stephan Buys wrote:

> I am putting together some thoughts around the kolab.kroupware.org website
> and wanted to know if we should put together a Kolab 1.1 (or 2.0) roadmap
> and handle the release management around it?

Yeah, after discussion stuff here, putting it on the website certainly is wise.

> Obviously we want to constrain Kolab 1.0 release to "bugfixing".

You mean the 1.0.x releases (plural)?
I agree.

Then we probably have a 1.1.x line
which a lot of minor things.
Some have accumulated in the bugtracker as wishes.

In the roadmap we should be conservative making sure things
are debated here a while until they are accepted.

> I will be contributing Address Book Synchronisation very soon. This will
> allow a Kolab server to send notification messages to a list of peers
> whenever a mailbox is created, modified and deleted.
>
> The peers will then automatically add, modify, remove these mailboxes'
> information in their Address Books. Think of it as a primitive type of
> directory synchronisation.

Hmm I don't fully get it from the description yet.
What I guess will be important is that
	- we offer enchancements fast for testing
	- we are conservative in what we add to the official Kolab standard

So we need a Contribution system, so that users do have access
to additions and we can have serveral that might compete until
we can officially add them to the Kolab standard.