[Kolab-devel] Kolab + Samba

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Dec 16 22:33:11 CET 2003

Hi,

> Does anybody already thought about integrating Samba to Kolab?

Yes.

> Kolab bring an LDAP server to authenticate, a user admin interface, but
> can't provide Windows client authentication. Adding Samba to the equation
> would provide an all integrated mail+authentication server. Very nice and
> needed!

The problem is currently the LDAP schema as required for Samba. I still have
not found a nice solution to integrate it with Kolab.

> How hard would it be to add it to the web admin interface (as an option of
> course)?

The webinterface is not hard to do.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de